Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Revenge of the Slug

So our front yard was infested with snails. Infested? you say. Yes. INFESTED. I'm talkin' twenty snails in front of my door EVERY morning. at first I was like, whatever. But soon enough I started seeing little baby snails. So I put an end to all this Snaily reproduction and bought some "Ned's Slug and Snail Death". This stuff works so well. It is a grainy powder that actually attracts the snails and then when they eat it, it somehow disintegrates there little slimy bodies leaving only the shell.
So now I have this little snail grave yard going on cause I just leave the shells near the bait to serve as a reminder to the other snails. (kidding, I am just too grossed out to pick them up)
N E Way tonight Caleb and I came home from church and I was talking to my mom on the phone. Now, I have already changed out of my church clothes which means I am running around barefoot. So I go out to the back to feed the dog when I realized I stepped on something really slimy and gooey! It was a disgusting, nasty, abominable, awful, beastly, cloying, creepy, detestable, distasteful, foul, frightful, ghastly, gross*, gruesome, hateful, hideous, horrid, horrific, icky*, loathsome, lousy, macabre, monstrous, nasty, nauseating, nerdy*, noisome, objectionable, obnoxious, odious, offensive, outrageous, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, satiating, scandalous, scuzzy*, shameless, shocking, skank, sleazeball*, sleazy*, stinking, surfeiting, vile, vulgar, yecchy*, yucky*, SLUG. AHHH. I totally started screaming and gaging. LOL my mom just waited for it all to stop and continued talking like nothing happened.(apparently this kind of stuff happens too often) So the moral of the story is: if your front yard is infested with snails, just leave them alone otherwise you may one day step on a slug.

2 comments:

Katie Booker said...

AAWWW How sad!! Poor little snails!
David and I used to have a pet snail. We would come home from school every day and play with him. We would let him crawl on us and we would feed him leaves and stuff. We knew it was him because we marked his shell. I can't remember what we named him ( I think it was "Escargo" for some reason but dont quote me on that) and we were so sad when one day Brooke stepped outside BAREFOOT and crushed him. Poor little guy!

Jana McVay said...

EEEEEEWWWWWW!!! Nasty!!!!
That is funny about Mom just waiting for you to finish screaming and then just continuing the convo!!! LOL I also loved the thesaurus for those of us who weren't quite sure what you meant!! Watch out for those slugs!! The real moral of the story is when you know you have a snail problem, ALWAYS wear shoes!!! ROFLOL