Monday, September 17, 2007

Speech! Speech! Speech!

Well I made it though another one of my speeches for, can you guess, Speech Class! This one made me so nervous and I have no idea why. I mean, I usually get nervous during my speeches, but this time I was literally biting my nails. My stomach hurt, I was anxious, all kinds of weird stuff (kinda like when I got married, j/k, I was jumping up and down in the fourier, 4-yer?). But yea, I made it through though (say that five times fast). Hopefully I got a high score. I am trying my best to get straight A's this semester, but it is a lot more work than I anticipated. :)

So last Friday we had our first youth service at Eisenhower High School. Isn't that amazingly awesome! Ahhh! it was SO good. I would have never thought I would be in a CHURCH! service at the school I graduated from. We had a really good outcome, I think someone said that 84ish people showed up. Although not too many of them were non-ILC members. None the less God was there in a mighty way. I just cant get over it. People were speaking in tongues and the word of God was preached in a public school cafeteria! Here are some pics. there will be more posted at www.inlandlighthouse.com (that is, as soon as I email them)

Caleb doing what he does best. Acting silly!


Alter call.

2 comments:

Sandi Dillon said...

Exciting!!!

Jana McVay said...

That was an incredible experience!! The power of God was so mighty and our young people responded so awesome! I can't wait for the next one to get here!!!

BTW, where are you going to school? Speech is currently what I am SI Leader for at RCC. I get to help students overcome those fears and be successful at delivering great speeches!!! Congrats in advance for a good grade and job well done!!!