Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Now embrace me, and call me your Hero.

It is amazing how, after a little over three years of marriage, Caleb is still my hero. That is not to say that after a couple of years husbands usually wear on their wives. I mean, Caleb can still surprise me. Today, I was so sick I thought I was going to die, (in fact, I hoped I would). I was lying on the floor, because I was on the edge of passing out, wondering how I would drive myself to the hospital. I knew Caleb would be home any minute, but I was so worried something was bad wrong with me. When Caleb got home, he didn't know I was sick, so I tried my best to call him to our room. My call for help sounded more like a kittens meow. He heard me and walked in. When he realized what was going on, he went into full "care taker" mode. Helping me to the bed, tucking me in, making me take some nasty medicine. Than he sat with me until I went to sleep. I woke up feeling slightly better in my body, but my heart was so full of love for my husband that it made everything else not feel so bad. I don't know why the things Caleb did for me today have made my heart so tender to him. It is a wonderful feeling and I hope it stays a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome....I can totally relate to that feeling. I am also married to the most WONDERFUL, CARING, GENTLE man, he is the only one who makes me feel complete and safe...