Saturday, August 2, 2008

I don't know Italian, and I cant read English

On Friday night we got together with some friends and went to see an Italian opera called Madama Butterfly; for FREE. That's right ladies and gentlemen we are cultured people. We go to operas, and not just any operas, world renowned operas. Well at least the script is world renowned, I don't know that the actors are. You know, considering that they are doing it for free. Anyways, we had a good time. There was a poor old chap sitting behind us that had forgotten his reading glasses. He said he was sort of enjoying the opera, except for the fact that he didn't know Italian and he couldn't read English. Thus he was thoroughly lost for the duration of the Opera. Let's see then ghetto Caleb Dillon accidentally rolled an empty soda can down a couple of aisles during one of the more dramatic and intense scenes. (I think Madame Butterfly was killing herself) All I could hear was the clinging of the can as it made its way to the seat in front of us.

The greatest part of the evening was listening to Caleb practice all of the operatic songs he had learned during the opera. You should have seen some of the looks we got as Caleb walked to the car singing the words "Madama Butterflya' " repeatedly. It was classic.

Sorry I don't have pics of us.
(singing in operatic high soprano)I could not find my camera.

No comments: