Thursday, August 28, 2008

That's not chocolate

I have been working for three days now, and boy am I tired. Tired after three days? Yes! I am in an elementary special education class. I have been assigned to personally take care of a boy who not only has cerebral palsy, but he is also one rascally rabbit. So far I have been hit in the face (twice, not to mention the dozens of random body shots), I have had my hair pulled, My shirt lifted up, I have had a slobber soaked hand wiped across my face, I have been bitten (three times), and yesterday a girl threw a huge booger at me and I think it landed in my hair. I was honestly too grossed out to look. There is also a child who insists on playing with his #2. Yesterday he tried to touch my student with a chocolate covered paw while we were on recess. I freaked and ran to get my kid, and than thanked God (really I did) when I saw that my student was still clean. Fortunately, because I am still new I do not have to deal with Count Chocula. Although I am sure my time is coming soon. Other than that, all is well and tomorrow is Friday and Monday is a holiday. Hallelujah!

4 comments:

Phillip said...

Oh WOW...Sarrah you truly are one SPECIAL person to be able to deal with all of that and its not even your own child!
You are going to be a great mommy!!!

SOunds like your days will always be full of adventure!

Katie Booker said...

Ooops I signed in under Phillips name..but it was me... =)

Lozano Family said...

You poor thing! You sure are brave. You will be a good mommy! I was just having a discussion with someone about how other people's kids poo stinks more than your own kids. It's true. (At least that's the conclusion we came to...) So if you can deal with other kid's disgusting bodily fluids, your own offspring will be nothing!
And from what it sounds like - you will always have a story to tell......

preston said...

...and I thought my office was bad!!!! LOL It's really true, someone always has it worse off than you. (In this case, I dare say they would be hard to find tho. :-p)