Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bring it on.

NOT! Stop bringing it!!! Stop right now. Put the cake back in the fridge and throw the cookies away. Please, I am begging you! No more jello, little chocolates nothing.
LOL, that is exactly what I am going to say to my Mother the next time I go to visit. This holiday season I have gained about six pounds. Now, for some that might not be anything to freak out about, but for shorties like me six pounds is almost a whole size bigger. Seriously I have figured out that if I gain five pounds my clothes get a little snug (livable, but snug). If I gain 10, then I my wardrobe is very limited and I have gone up a size. So six pounds is closer to five, but it looks and feels like ten.
Huston we have a problem: I am poor. I don't have the extra money to go out and buy all new clothes and support my gluttonous lifestyle. So commence the diet plan. Oh, how I love the diet. Not just any diet, the "south beach" diet. Before you get started, I know I will just gain all the weight back (supposedly) and that Weight watchers is much better, but I beg to differ. If I do weight watchers, I will just a large piece of chocolate cake with a gooey fudge filled center and call it my three meals in one. I don't care if I use all my points, if I want cake and jenny says I can have cake, well then bring the cake. When I low carb, I have to be very careful about every item of food I eat (and cake is not allowed). In fact eating takes so much effort (is it zero carbs, is it low fat, dada dada da) that I noticed I eat a lot less, because acknowledging what I eat takes the fun out of eating.

So there you have it, I am low carbing. I am also going to try to have dinner ready as soon as Caleb gets home so that we are not eating as late in the evening. We shall see how that plan goes.

So yeah, six pounds off and then I hope I can keep the momentum going and lose about ten more after that. Oh, that would be so AWESOME!
Chocolate Cake, you are so worth all of my 1000 calories for the day.

No comments: