The only true craving I have right now is Ice. I love ice, but I hate water. It's weird because before I got pregnant I liked my drinks to be room temp or just a little chilled. Now, at work I buy a bottled water and throw it in the freezer. For the rest of the morning I am constantly checking to see if my water has turned into slushy ice. Crushed ice is the best though. Yummy.
Here are some weird cravings that I found on the Internet. They are all related to non-food items and are speculated to be linked to anemia. (Which I have always had)
- I have had a craving for GASOLINE, VICKS VAPOR RUB, GOLD BOND MEDICATED POWDER, and LYSOL in these last weeks of my 2nd pregnancy.
- With both my pregnancies I craved cigarette butts. I am not a smoker nor was my husband. We rented out a room to my husband's close friend and he did smoke. One eve. the craving was sooo strong that I actually dug out a half used butt and lit up just to pacify the craving!
- . I craved the smell of new cars, Hardware stores and the smell a vaccum puts off when its running. I would vaccum my floors 10 times a day, it was like a treat for me to vaccum.
- I have a craving for cotton but not just any cotton the kind that comes in stuff animals. I rib it on my tongue and then on the back of my throat. My daughter has lost 2 stuff animals because of my craving. Sorry baby. (what a freak!)
- ive been craving the scent of lemon soft scrub. it smells sooooo good i bought a lemon candle its just not the same. i clean my sink like twice a day and my bathroom 3 times a week
- I desparately craved car exhaust. I would lay in bed willing myself not to go out to the garage and turn on the car and just smell it. I was obsessed. I never actually took it that far, but I'll admit to walking behind running cars when it wasn't totally necessary.
- I have craved the scent of paint thinner, gasoline and permanent marker... It smells so delicious.