Thursday, June 11, 2009

So this is Love....

This past Thursday my co workers (whom I love!) gave me a surprise baby shower. And believe it or not, I was actually surprised!
The card that my class gave me had a really cute little poem on it. The card reads: You're going to fall in LOVE again with someone's tender charms. You're going to be demolished by a pair of little arms. Yes, you're going to fall in love again the signs are very clear. Get ready for a brand-new crush, as soon as baby's here!
It's so funny that they picked that card because I was just thinking about how having a baby feels a lot like falling in love. I day dream, have sweet dreams and imagine how wonderful my little guy is going to be. I can already see those chubby little baby cheeks (both kinds) and I just want to squeeze 'em. Basically I am totally obsessed with my kid, and he is not even here yet.
As shower gifts I was given a case of diapers and tons of wipes. Then I was told to expect the diapers to only last about two weeks if I'm lucky. I was also given a gift card to Target. I spent the gift card today and bought a changing table(on sale) to match my crib and a few other items. I have always bragged about my coworkers, but honestly they totally out did themselves on Thursday. All snot nosed children aside, I am so very thankful to God for blessing me with such a great work environment.

2 comments:

Sandi Dillon said...

Thanks to the coworkers from the grammar-to-be!! This is sooooo exciting!

SheGazelle said...

Diapers...yeah...I used 4 in about 30 minutes last night. A diaper marathon of sorts. You can't have too many.