Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm just sayin'

I am not going to say what I want to say. All I will say is if you hear a rumor from a whispering earwig about "us" women who want children so bad and then get them and complain (or wish we never had them), Well obviously it's not true. But on the same note, pregnancy and motherhood have made me an even more straight forward person. So I have admitted to a select few that sometimes I feel burnt out on motherhood. I dont think I am a bad mother for feeling like that because I am not ignorant enough to think that I am the only one in the whole world who needs a break now and then. If that were true then there would be no reason for our monthly ladies night, right? Be all that as it may, just know that there are some people in the world who like to twist stories, leaving others with the long term task of straightening them out.
In other news, I just discovered something wonderfully sad. Wyatt wakes up with a smile in the mornings. Seriously, he does. And it makes me feel all warm inside to be the one to see it (and I imagine I am the one who helps put it there). The sad part is Caleb will probably never see it because he is up way before Wyatt and I. And on the weekends he sleeps in. Sad, huh. I need to have the camera ready in the morning to capture Wyatts special smile. It is the biggest and brightest of the day.

3 comments:

Lozano Family said...

Being a mommy is the HARDEST, most draining, most hair raising job in the entire world - ever. It is also the most rewarding job. But it is the only job I know of that is 24/7. For the rest of your life! That's big time stuff, and it's no wonder that we want to run and hide under the bed sometimes. I know I do! And, I don't know a woman who has children that never felt completely worn out, and never complained. And it seems to me like that's just part of what we do - share stories, to gain knowledge and support, sometimes just to know that we aren't the only ones who spent 3/4 of last night unhapily awake.
And, I have to say, on behalf of my family - we love you guys!(aaawww) And it's so exicting to see Wyatt, a little gift from God! By the way, I am itching to hold him again. . . .

Sarrah D. said...

Next time we are in the nursery feel free to grab him. :)

Jana McVay said...

Who in the world NEVER complains about ANYTHING???? I'm just sayin'! Goodness gracious, if we get a splinter in our finger, we complain; if we stub a toe, we complain; if our food isn't just the right temperature, we complain; if the music is too loud or too soft, the church temperature is too hot or too cold, the visitor or, mercy forbid, another saint took our seat, we complain...

So, like Thresa was sayin', it only seems right that moms would complain every once in a while. And especially new moms who are learning everything about babies and motherhood at warp speed!!! Whomever this earwig is needs to hush up! Yes, you wanted a baby for a long time, were blessed with a miracle, and now are living moment to moment with a sweet little guy who is trying to figure out this ole world and YOU HAVE THE "RIGHT" TO COMPLAIN OCCASIONALLY!!! We love the Dillon family!!!