Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Turkeys dont have bacon

So, yesterday ,in an effort to get my holiday/post baby body under control, i went grocery shopping with "health" in mind. One of my many purchases happened to be Turkey Bacon. Now, at first glance this has got to be a good buy. It was on sale, 97% fat free, 20 calories a slice. I'm good to go. Not so, Geronimo. Turkey's don't have bacon. So what exactly did I eat this morning? I am not sure, but I can tell you one thing it was very salty and naaasssttttyyyy. The one plus side is that it did not taste like bacon at all. It's a plus because I really don't care for bacon too much. But the rubber consistency and the odd color of this bacon really threw me for a loop. I mean, cause isn't turkey white? a little brown at best? why then was my bacon reddish... sort of like the color of spam but darker. Freaky! I am pretty sure whoot is going to end up with the rest of my bacon because honestly how healthy can bacon be when it comes from an animal that doesn't have "bacon" cut.


I should have been on alert when I read "new improved flavor" on my package.

2 comments:

SheGazelle said...

ew.

Lozano Family said...

Yeah, I've tried the whole turkey bacon thing. Doesn't work for me either. You're better off frying up a piece of lunch meat. You might be saving on calories, but you're probably loading up on all kinds of artificial junk that is the equivalent of munching on plastic :)