Thursday, January 14, 2010

Letting you in, a rare occurence :)

My Dad was released from emergency last night. The Doctor confirmed what we have all "known" for sometime. My Dad's liver is failing. It was a hard blow to the family, one of my brothers cried and said "Dad is the only man I have ever known in my life". It hurts and it is shocking. My Mom is dealing with it as best she can. She has 13 kids to console, as well as deal with her own feelings as she tries to care for her sick husband. As a daughter, it is easy to run to my mom for comfort and not think about the fact that she is a wife before she is a mother. Her husband is sick and it has sort of rocked her world for the time being. I am not sure what all will happen in the future, a lot of it rests on my Dad and his willingness to take better care of himself. In all this, I am thankful that I can find hope in God. This blog was started to help me deal with the fact that I may never have children. It was something I could do to distract myself. Well for those that have kept up with me, we welcomed Wyatt into the world last September. So now my story has turned in to a testimony of the goodness and the healing power of God. With that being said. I would like to encourage everyone and anyone who reads this not to "say a little prayer" for us, but instead would you please get down to where the rubber meets the road and touch God on behalf of my Father. He used to know the truth and I believe God can use this situation to bring him back to the truth as well as several others in my family. Isn't it wonderful to have hope and comfort in Jesus!

5 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Will be praying in Jesus name, for both healing and salvation.

Anonymous said...

Thank you I appreciate that.

idida martinez said...

I know it's tough but we all know a God who can do anything if it is done in His Name for with God NOTHING is impossible

Lozano Family said...

Sarrah, I am sorry to hear that your Dad is not well. I will be praying for you all for sure! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Thank you all. We have such a wonderful church family.