Friday, February 12, 2010

For Caleb.

So........ trying to think of something witty to write. Nope. not happenin'.

In some sad news, did you guys read about the man that died during his training run for the Olympic luge. Really sad. I don't know why but I am always so so sad when I hear that someone died. Even if I don't know the person. I feel a deep sorrow for them and their family. Sometimes I think I am just way too weird because I cry over people I don't know. But I guess that's just my lot in life. To weep.
War is something that really gets to me. Honestly it keeps me up at night. I think about all the men and women that are dieing and my heart hurts for them. Then I worry about Wyatt and the fact that he could become one of those soldiers. I hope he doesn't have to, but you never know what the future holds.
I decided that we need to teach Wyatt that his first duty is the serve God, before he serves his country. It is a noble thing to give your life for your country or family, but that is not what we are born to do. We are born to serve God. Understanding that some soldiers chose their country before God has really helped me cope with the fact that (according to the Bible) so many brave men are not making it to heaven. That is what hurts me the most. That men die for our freedom, but if they are not saved, then they have done themselves a disservice. One of my most repeated prayers is that God would have mercy on them and allow them into heaven. I don't know if that is an OK thing to pray, but I do it anyway, just in case.

No comments: