Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Let's talk

I feel like rambling a bit today. Hope your in the mood for some random thoughts.
I wanted to write a post about Mother's day, which is why I saved the spot on Mother's day, and I still might, but for now I am going to skip that and go on to something less expected. My Wedding.
Last night Caleb downloaded a recording of our wedding onto our desktop computer and of course we had to listen to most of it. And that is when the thought hit me - I need to rehash some stuff that happened that day. So here go the bullet points!


  • Our music department is a million times better now than it was then, and it was already good then. Serious. Jonathan Pierce, you have grown in leaps and bounds my friend. I have always been a fan of your singing abilities, but it is amazing what time and practice can do.

  • Our wedding was WAY TOO LONG, and in my now much more mature state, I apologize and extend a great big thank you to everyone that actually sat through the whole thing.

  • I am not the person I thought I would be by now. When I got married I had these great dreams of what Caleb and I would be doing in the years to come and to be honest most of that is still in the works. I'm not sure how OK I am with that idea.

  • Elder Morton is so funny when he is in a silly mood. I LOVE to listen to Elder Morton's speech?. He was being such a brat that day and it makes me laugh every time.

  • I am blessed with an amazing family. I forgot how much work my family put into our wedding, from the decor, food and amazing singing. My brother's have such a great talent, I only wish I could sing half as good as any of them.

  • I am thankful Sarah Booker sang our last song. I remember she was a little nervous about it because it had weird timing, but we knew her voice would be perfect, and it was. LOL, that's the day she became a superstar to my mom's neighbor Jayne. :)

  • I cry every time I replay our wedding recording.

  • Lastly, our kiss was really awkward because Caleb had been teasing me for months before. He told me he was going to dip me and give me a big ol smooch. SO I was totally scared and ready to be completely embarrassed. Thus, the really awkward smooch.

So there it is folks. A big piece of what is on my mind today. Thinking about the past, while planning improvements for the future.

No comments: