Tuesday, August 7, 2012

8 years and counting

Sept 03- that's right, NINE years ago!
Thank you Nana for taking this photo. It is one of my all time favorites of Caleb and I.
I remember the moment vividly. It was my first trip to Fresno. Caleb and I had been dating for three months and everyone thought I was crazy for going to meet the family so soon. But to be honest Caleb and I knew were were going to get married from the day we started dating. In fact, he asked me to marry him one month into our relationship. Unfortunately for him, I had heard all that a couple of times before, and even though I was sure he was it, I asked for a rain check :).  Anyway, back to the photo. So I was in Fresno for the weekend and Nana kept trying to get a nice picture of our trip, but I really really hate pictures so I kept hiding. At last she caught us on our way to church and (in essence) said, Ok, now let's get a picture. So we obliged and I have been truly grateful ever since. As I said before, this is one of my favs.

I love the way Caleb just threw his arm around me and held me close, it totally took me by surprise. He was in love and he knew it; and he didn't mind sharing those feelings with the world. I guess that's why I love this pic. It captured two young kids in love.

Happy 8th year Anniversary! May we live to see many many more years together.

4 comments:

The Lipkin Life said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Sandi Dillon said...

Happy 8th!! Love to you all! Mom

TPM3 said...

Way to go Caleb!! Awesomeness and many more Anniversaries!!!

Marc Adrian Smith said...

Wishing you a Happy Anniversary. And many more.