Saturday, September 1, 2012

Tooth Ache.

I have a super super super bad tooth ache. Basically my teeth have taken a beating from me being pregnant every years since 09. Yesterday Caleb got of work early so I could go to the dentist to see what all can be done. Seeing as I am pregnant there are a few limitations on medications and such.
It turns out I need a root canal and a crown on my last molar. We have dental insurance so this should all be smooth sailing right? WRONG. I left the office in tears and frustrated because we can not afford the 1300 (yes over a thousand dollars) co-pay. I was shocked that the staff was actually able to look me in the eye and say sorry as they shoved me out the door. I am in so much pain it is hard to eat and drink. I HAVE INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have paid on this for at lest four years. The day I need a big procedure done it's like I'm out on my own.  I don't know what to do. We make too much to qualify for government help, but not enough to just throw 1000 into my mouth on any given day. The office would not even give me a temporary fix. So I'm sitting here, in pain, feeling like the system has failed me big time.
On top of all of this it is Labor day weekend which means 1) I can't get a hold of our insurance company to change providers so that I can get a second opinion and 2) Most offices will not be open until Tuesday. What in the world am I supposed to do till then? I can't take a bunch of pain meds because I'm pregnant. I have a hard time taking Tylenol let alone A LOT of it. This is one of this most stressful situations I have been in in a long time. You think you are doing all the right things, All the bases are covered and the Bam you find out your safety net is a lie. :(

No comments: