Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tired

So it turns out I am severely anemic at the moment and have been told to take two iron supplements as well as my prenatal every day. Not too thrilled about the idea of so much iron at once, but at least it explains my love for all cleansing agents (pica). I seriously think I get a slight high at the sent of certain cleaners. I especially love to run the dishwasher and wipe everything down with Clorox wipes. So weird I know.
I have battled with Anemia all of my life, I am pretty sure it is heredity as two of my brothers are anemic as well as each of their daughters. The most frustrating part of the whole deal is being so so tired. This morning for instance I had enough energy to feed the boys and have a bowl of cereal. After that digestion steals a large amount of blood so down I go. I have been in bed most of the day fading in and out of sleep, even as Wyatt insists on trying to keep me awake. My heart feels like it is going crazy in my chest and I am very short of breath. While all of this is going on I can only think that I have 10 more weeks (8 if the Lord hath heard my supplications). That seems like a long long time when you feel horrible. So I am praying that somehow I start feeling better and can maybe even enjoy the last few days of pregnancy.

3 comments:

The Lipkin Life said...

I feel so bad for you! I thought I had it rough with just the usual pregnancy tiredness in the beginning. Hopefully those iron supplements get to work fast!

Sarrah D. said...

Me too! :) Hope all is going well for you and your surprise.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.