Monday, November 11, 2013

reindeer run?

So first things first, that little baby below is just toooo cuuutte.
Next, I'm 31! I'm as old as I remember my older sisters, which means that they are 45 and above, which is beyond my mental capacity to accept. Aging is so hard for me to deal with. Not in a "oh I'm getting wrinkles" kind of way, it's more like, it's hard for me to accept that time doesn't stand still. (Time waits for no man) I fight against the idea that we will never be young again. So seeing others age around me I guess is humbling. We are mortals, and I don't like it lol. 
In honor of my "I will not go gently into that good night" Campaign, I walked/sometimes ran a 5k, whoot whoot! 
I'm super proud of my accomplishment. I actually did something that was not Mom related! It was all Sarrah(no, that's not a typo, I have two R's in my name), and it felt really good to get back to doing something that was strictly for myself. Lol, in fact, I set this goal while I was in the hospital recovering from having Kristin. I guess that also plays into my sense of satisfaction. I set a goal and accomplished it. So now I'm on to bigger and better things. I'm looking for another run to do in a couple of months. My next goal will be to run the whole 5k. I've got a lot to work on and I wish I could find a class, guide book or something to give me the basics, but for now I am doing a lot of online research and working toward correcting my stride and other such things. So here's to a new non-mom, non-wife, all me goal. Running a complete 5k.
Stuck on the couch for about an hour :) 
Happy Birthday To ME!!!!!!
Word of the Day, Keeping Love Alive lol 



My Kids are weird 
Whoot Whoot, Bucket List 
Seriously, had such a good time. Maybe, I need to get out more lol. 





 Would never have done it without these girls to inspire me.

P.S. CAN THE PRIVATE BLOGGERS PLEASE ADD ME. I was missing for a long time and didn't realize everyone switched to using the private setting. sarrahdillon@gmail.com


3 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Happy birthday and congrats on doing something for Sarrah!

Google C25K (Couch to 5K) and you'll find all kinds of running plans. I ran my first full marathon (26.2 miles) last year at age 48, but I didn't start running until I was in my 30s! It's never too late ;)

Sarrah D. said...

Thanks. I can't imagine running that long, but I guess distance would be a natural progression. :-)

The Lipkin Life said...

The C25K also has an app. I have used it a lot! It really helps me to pace myself, and to push myself!