Monday, December 24, 2007

My Grades are in !

So, I almost got straight A's. The key word being ALMOST. :( I have three A's and a C. What's up with that! The C, was in speech; and is totally my fault. During West Coast Conference, I missed a speech because I thought the speech was only worth 5 points. Well, it was worth 50 points. I did a little extra credit work to make up for some of the points and I still would have gotten a B, but I really messed up on our very last speech of the semester. It was supposed to be a passionate inspirational speech. The teacher wanted us to go up and give a personal story that has some kind of moral to it. I AM A VERY PRIVATE PERSON. I do not tell personal stories to people I don't know that well. So I messed up bad. I had everything down, until I got to the "personal " part, than I froze and ended my speech. I talked to the teacher afterwards, just to let him know that I had prepared for the speech, but that sharing my feelings was very hard for me to do. He said he understood and gave me an F (kidding). He did say he understood.
Anyway, I am still happy as a dead pig in the sunshine. I will try harder in the spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the pic. i've seen it seveal times on your blog and it still makes me laugh. (although i still dont understand that saying)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Next time give an inspirational speech about something God related -- how God answered a prayer, etc. That way you're not exposing yourself but praising instead!

I'm proud of you!