Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day 2

Yesterday morning (at 6am) Caleb left our happy home to head off to Portland Oregon. He has some CEU to complete and there happened to be a seminar in Oregon that counts for 19 of the 25 units he needs.
So ever since yesterday morning I have been on my own. Last night I took myself out on a date. I went to Chili's and then to Barnes and Noble for coffee and free reading. Today I had grand plans that began at 7:30am. The only problem was the rest of my body did not want to go along with these plans until about 9. At 9 I got up, walked Whoot to Starbucks, had a nice relaxing morning and now I am bored out of my mind. I know I could call someone up and find something to do, but I really really wanted to have the house completely clean before Caleb gets home. (that includes our bedroom) So instead of going somewhere I am home convincing myself that I need to get our house together. Especially after last week. It seems like everyday last week there was some sort of crisis and we are so behind on laundry (but that's always our problem). I have never been more grateful for the end of a work week.
On the way to the airport at 5 in the morning I was thinking about the perks of marriage. The one that stood out the most to me at the time is, you always have a chauffeur at any hour of the day and you don't even have to tip them! Of course Caleb need not pay me because his love is worth a thousand sparkling heart shaped rubies in various sizes masterfully placed on the crest of a grassy semi snow covered hill during a winter sunset in Ireland.
He'll be home tomorrow. Thankfully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is semi snow? Is that like rain?