Thursday, January 17, 2008

what a rip

Last week I had to return some stuff to Ross Department Store. While there, I decided to do a little shopping, you know since I had the extra money (from my return). I looked around for a while, but could not find anything that I wanted to spend my new found money on. Then, as I was walking between an aisles of house wear and plastic plants, a FABULOUS idea struck me; why don't I take my new money and use it to make money? How? well I decided to buy some cute dresses and sell them on EBAY! of course. So, thus began my ventures into entrepreneurialship.
I started off with great enthusiasm. I made really cute and professional looking pages for each of my items. I listed them each at a cheap price with low shipping cost, and then I waited, and waited, and waited. No one wanted my dresses. I thought maybe all these 35 year old homemakers were just trying to trick me by pretending they did not want to bid, and then at the very last minute, they would all begin a great bidding war in an effort to capture my prized pastel green Easter dress size 0-3 month. Unfortunately, as I found out today, that was not the case at all. These people really just did not want my dresses. I did sell two of them, but it was for the base asking price coming to a grand total of $8.30. I guess I am just not cut out to get rich on EBay.

No comments: