Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Home Hospitality


I'm in a weird space today. My heart is heavy with a burden for Moms. All moms. I'm getting the feeling that moms are lonely people. 
How can this be? The mind of a mom is constantly focused on loving her child, on growing this little human into a responsible adult. 
How can a mom be lonely? She has a family. Isn't that enough to satisfy her need to connect? 
My observation is no. It is not enough. 
Mom's are lonely. They give and give until one day they realize they have given their whole self. Some don't know who they are outside of motherhood. 
They give up hobbies to save time in the day. They give up luxuries to help save money. The moms I know are my heroes. I honestly look up to them and often seek out their opinion on how to be a better parent. 
But. There are some who are lonely and that fact hurts me to the core.

BREAKING BREAD
Caleb and I have been talking about how to help people connect. He said that Acts 2:46 states "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart," 
Which to him means a big part of building a church is fellowship.
Now, don't get me wrong. Our church has potlucks, family day, youth stuff, all that. 
But for some love is in the details. 
The scripture does not say the broke bread at the temple, but instead, they went house to house. 
There is a very personal element to being invited into someone's home OR YOU inviting someone into your home. 
It is a sign of trust (especially here in SoCal). To me, if you are in my home you have now become apart of my life. You are in my sacred space. The space I prepared for my family.
I believe if we can revive the idea of fellowship in our homes we will begin to see a decline in loneliness. Those who are lonely, pray for courage and then invite a few random ladies over for coffee or brunch. Those who DON'T feel lonely (aka my introverts) pray for grace and invite a few random ladies over for coffee or brunch. 😊
I personally fall into the introvert category. I am perfectly happy sitting alone ALLLLL day. I love it. I feel calm and at peace with the world, BUT I have a responsibly to my peers.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near
Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12 because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.


The Bible clearly states we are responsible for one another. We are told to build each other up. Weep when your brother weeps and rejoice when they rejoice. We are literally referred to as A BODY. Who looks at their left foot, sees a horrible infection and says, "well I never liked that foot anyway" and allows it to die off. NOBODY. We are a body, a unit. We are responsible for one another. As much as we can, we should be looking out for each other. 

So, now that I know my fellow moms are looking for community and connection it has become my burden to find a way to help provide that. I am praying for grace, wisdom and a little "git'er done" to push me into action. I plan on starting small. Inviting a few people over during the week. Little by little. I believe that God is going to honor this action. I even believe that this can be used as for winning the lost. What better way to introduce your friend/family to the truth than by meeting a group of awesome apostolic women! 

I hope this made sense to someone. I hope it encourages you to take action for your self or for others.


Love to all.
Doing our best and raising the future. 💗


No comments: