Monday, September 17, 2018

Homeschool


Today is Wyatt's home school day. This year I am trying to embrace the "experience learning " approach. We went out for breakfast and practiced making small talk. We discussed random topics and learned how to ask interesting questions and respond in full sentences. Wyatt likes to answer most questions with VERY vague answers. Yea, Good, I'm not sure and I don't believe I saw that, are some of his favorite evasive techniques. My hope for this exercise is that as time goes on, Wyatt will learn to give thought to his answers and enjoy expressing himself. 

Honestly guys, am preemptively fighting against his teen years. I can already see the teen who will only answer in "yea sure". I understand there are times to talk and times to think. I just want to prepare him as best as I can for the times he will want to talk.

The whole home school experience has been pretty neat. I love spending the extra time with the kids. Life fills up with "to-dos" so quickly it has been fun to gain some of that time back. 

No comments: